S. Korean battery makers' R&D investment up 12.5% in Jan.
简介South Korean battery makers' combined research and development investment this year has climbed ...
South Korean battery makers' combined research and development investment this year has climbed over 12 percent on-year despite a slowdown in global demand for electrified vehicles, industry data showed Sunday.
According to latest quarterly reports of LG Energy Solution Ltd., Samsung SDI Co. and SK On Co., their combined R&D investment during the January-September period amounted to 1.78 trillion won ($1.38 billion), up 12.5 percent from 1.58 trillion won for the same period of last year.
Of the three companies, Samsung SDI was the biggest R&D investor, with cumulative expenses up 6.7 percent to 836.4 billion won during the first nine months of 2023.
LG Energy Solution spent 730 billion won on R&D this year, marking a 15.2 percent increase compared to the same period last year. SK On's spending jumped 29.6 percent on-year to 220.7 billion won.
Local battery companies are focusing on strengthening R&D efforts, with a particular emphasis on developing high-capacity, high-safety and long-lasting batteries, as well as enhancing the development of price-competitive lithium iron phosphate and cobalt-free batteries. (Yonhap)
In the journey to establishing Samyang Roundsquare's global presence with its ramyeon products, ...
Public educational TV channel EBS delves into the circle of life and greatness of nature with its up ...
South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol and Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida agreed Friday to work ...
[Herald Interview] Samyang CEO envisions elevating K
LG to debut EV chargers in US next year
Everland grounds panda Fubao for trying to escape
Experts to discuss globalized risks at World Health City Forum
Celltrion's Zymfentra to make US debut in February
Seoul shares open lower on US economic data
- [Herald Interview] Chile, Korea need to boost global lithium value chain: minister
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- Kia reaches tentative agreement with union
- US toughens rules on exports of advanced computing chips to China
- Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
- 안철수 측 "심장이상? 허위" 장성철 "安 쓰러져 심폐소생술"
- S.Korea's largest
- SK Chemicals partners with Estee Lauder for eco
- 김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"
- Seoul shares up nearly 1 pct on eased concerns over Middle East conflict
- Foreign exchange reserves fall for third consecutive month
- Arrest warrant issued for ex
- [Our Museums] Legacy of early Catholics at Korean Catholic Martyrs' Museum
- LG CNS, NYC, AmCham Korea forge partnerships on digital transformation
- Blinken redoubles calls for humanitarian pause in Israel
- More chat with parents, greater chance of studying medicine, education
- Bedbug reports cause jitters across S. Korea
- Yoon says fake news threatens freedom, elections at AI Safety Summit
- S. Korea thanks countries near Gaza for assisting in evacuation of S. Korean family
- [Today’s K
- Bedbug fear spreads across Seoul
- Asiana to sell cargo biz to help Korean Air win EU approval for takeover
- Man wins W1.4b, putting to bed legal battle surrounding wife’s death
- "I am..." meme latest to go viral in bizarre saga surrounding fencing star
- South Korea lining up banks to help finance $22 billion arms sale to Poland
- Unauthorized AI
- N. Korea vows military action after US missile test
- S. Korea vaccinates over 76% of cattle against lumpy skin disease
- 8 in 10 favor removing mandatory camera shutter sound: survey
- The Beatles release new track ‘Now And Then’ after 27 years thanks to AI