Baekyangsa's Buddhist cuisine templestay teaches what it means to eat beyond taste
简介JANGSEONG, South Jeolla Province -- The trees surrounding Baekyangsa, a temple in Jangseong County i ...
JANGSEONG, South Jeolla Province -- The trees surrounding Baekyangsa, a temple in Jangseong County in South Jeolla Province, boasted their crimson and yellow leaves on a quiet Friday in November.
Everyone at the temple, however, including the monks, remarked that the weather has been strange this year, lamenting how unfortunate it is that visitors won't be able to see the best of the fall colors.
Nonetheless, for a first-time visitor, the temple, whose origin goes back around 1,400 years ago to 632, the scenery was perfectly beautiful.
The temple, about a four-hour drive from Seoul, offers an escape from high-rise buildings, city pollution, and the noises and stress of our daily lives. This solitude and the opportunity to empty one's mind are probably among the main reasons many people embark on templestays offered at traditional temples around the country.
In a humble vest and pants, participants can meditate, converse over tea and enjoy Buddhist meals for a night or two.
Works by filmmakers from Korea and Association of Southeast Asian Nations member countries will be s ...
홍준표 대구시장이 23일 오전 대구 북구 대구시청 산격청사에서 열린 국회 행정안전위원회의 대구시에 대한 2023년도 국정감사에서 의원 질의에 답하고 있다. 뉴스1홍준표 대구시장이 ...
일본 정부가 구매 의사를 밝힌 미국산 토마호크 미사일. AFP=연합뉴스북한은 일본이 장거리미사일 조기 배치를 비롯해 미사일 방어 및 반격 능력을 강화하겠다는 계획을 밝힌 것에 대해 ...
- Former divas return as Golden Girls
- Koreans well equipped to overcome global economic turmoil, says ex
- 野 "이태원 1주기 공동주최 빠지겠다"…尹대통령 참석 촉구
- 홍준표 "난 죄 지은 것 없다, 인요한 사면 논의 자체가 쪽팔려"
- [Global Finance Awards] Going global essential in era of digital finance
- SK hynix logs quarterly losses for 4th consecutive quarter
Ateez closes 1st chapter of career with 'The World Ep. Fin: Will’
[Coffee Klatch] Unique mugwort tea latte paired with flower cakes, dango
Revamped 'Sister Act' with diverse cast gets ready for international premiere
Supreme Court dismisses Buseoksa's appeal in Bodhisattva statue ownership dispute
이종석 헌재소장 임명안 국회 통과…수장 공백 21일 만에 해소
Korean beef prices, poultry shares soar as cattle disease spreads
- 'The Boys' director says blending fact, fiction necessary to deliver message
- Over 40% of manufacturers say they need more foreign workers
- Fifty Fifty’s agency terminates contract with 3 of 4 group members
- Seventeen 1st male group this year to top Melon Top 100
- Unification minister meets US civic group head to discuss NK human rights
- Korea reports 7 more cases of lumpy skin disease, total now at 17
- [New on scene] Lee Jun
- KT, Hyundai E&C, Saudi’s STC team up for digital infrastructure
- AmCham delegation to visit Washington this week
- 尹 대통령, 사우디 국방장관 만나 “국방·방산 협력 심화”
- 'Batter Up': YG rookie Babymonster to debut as six
- [Bills in Focus] Windfall tax on banks and urban infra refurbishment
- [Hello Hangeul] Welding book first in vocational Korean series for foreign labor
- S. Korea pushes for using commercial satellites in military communication
- First lady explains S. Korea's dog meat ban plan to Queen Camilla
- Hyundai Motor chief named automotive industry leader of 2023
- ‘Smugglers’ wins best picture at 44th Blue Dragon Film Awards
- Former Hungarian ambassador receives Gwanghwa Medal
- TBS appeals to Seoul to hold off on slashing support
- [Hello Indonesia] Hyundai Motor vows to steer Indonesia's transition to EVs
- Seoul shares open higher despite US losses
- Koreans will 'freeze to death' for iced Americanos even in winter
- S. Korea, AIIB discuss stronger partnership, new investment chances
- 류호정·장혜영의 ‘세번째권력’ “총선서 30석, 200만 득표가 목표”
- Trailblazer, Trax drive up GM Korea’s exports
- 尹, 과학기술자문회의와 오찬 “예타 간소화·예산집행 유연화 필요”
- KB chief vows to nurture AI talents
- [Herald Interview] Korea ramps up high
- Speculation grows over Yoon's looming Cabinet shakeup
- 홍준표, 하태경 종로 출마 선언에…"주사파 출신이 갈 곳 아니다"