Kyobo Life chairman wins top industry honor
简介Kyobo Life Insurance Chairman and CEO Shin Chang-jae has been awarded the 2023 Insurance Hall of Fam ...
Kyobo Life Insurance Chairman and CEO Shin Chang-jae has been awarded the 2023 Insurance Hall of Fame Laureate award from the International Insurance Society, one of the insurance industry’s top honors.
The awarding ceremony was held during the gala event of the Global Insurance Forum in Singapore on Monday.
“Shin embodied the spirit of the Insurance Hall of Fame through innovative activities, insightful leadership and people-centered management,” said Josh Landau, CEO of the International Insurance Society.
The latest achievement holds significance for the 70-year-old CEO, as his father, Shin Yong-ho, who founded Kyobo Life Insurance, received the same honor in 1996.
It also marks the first time globally that a father and son have both received the prestigious recognition.
“I am proud and honored to have spent my life working in life insurance, following in my father’s footsteps,” Shin said in his acceptance speech.
Shin noted that many Korean life insurance companies seem to place too much emphasis on making profits, rather than on product details or on the potential risks for customers.
"I am concerned that this practice may undermine the fundamental purpose of insurance companies, which is to safeguard customers against future risks," he said.
Often referred to as the "Nobel Prize of Insurance," the award is renowned as one of the industry's most esteemed honors.
Established in 1957, the award aims to acknowledge individuals who contribute to the advancement of the insurance sector through innovative initiatives.
Nominees for the Insurance Hall of Fame are annually proposed by members of the IIS and subsequently assessed for selection by the IIS Executive Council, a governing body composed of senior insurance professionals and academics.
Founded in 1965 and headquartered in New York, the IIS boasts a membership of over 1,000 individuals, including CEOs and executives from insurance companies and related organizations across more than 100 countries.
Minho of SHINee will begin the new year with his first solo fan concert, dubbed the "2024 Best Choi& ...
Hana Financial Group said Tuesday it has signed a preliminary agreement with Saudi Arabia's Exp ...
Compared to the ancient and medieval history and archaeology of China and Japan, those of Korea have ...
'Sweet Home 2' returns with new characters, sophisticated monsters
Political strife may delay Korea’s launch of new space agency
LG chief convenes CEO meeting to review growth strategy
NK slams Yoon's warning against Pyongyang
Festivals to illuminate Seoul’s winter nights
NK slams Yoon's warning against Pyongyang
- Fifty Fifty's Keena marks group's 1st anniversary with apology
- [Herald Interview] ‘Battery expansion to prompt strong cobalt, lithium trading’
- S. Korea maintaining stable LNG supply amid Israel
- [Photo News] INDIAN CINEMA
- Choosing children over career: Fatherhood changing in modern Korea
- Govt. working to restore administrative network after major disruption
- Fire breaks out at SK On's plant during pilot run in China
- Will Suneung without ‘killer questions’ reduce reliance on private education?
- Exports gain 2.2% from Nov. 1
- NCSoft to tear loose from Lineage: CEO
- 1 in 8 commercial flights exposed to pathogens: KDCA
- [Herald Review] Korean and Welsh dance companies share creativity in 'Wales Connection'
- N. Korea reinstates DMZ guard posts
- S. Korea pushes for using commercial satellites in military communication
- American investigated for ‘teeth grinding’ graffiti across Yongsan
- Seoul shares open higher despite US losses
- 김용민 “尹, 총선 승리하면 계엄 선포할 것…저지선 확보해야”
- Trailblazer, Trax drive up GM Korea’s exports
- [Today’s K
- YG’s new girl group Babymonster debuts with single 'Batter Up'
- KIPO chief strengthens IP alliances with Middle Eastern counterparts
- 이상민 "현실적 선택지는 국민의힘…12월 초까지 거취 결정"
- Samsung sets up control tower for new growth drivers
- [KH explains] Hyundai to sell vehicles on Amazon in US sales push
- S. Korea, AIIB discuss stronger partnership, new investment chances
- 금태섭 “文 전 대통령, 조국 출마 적절한지 의견 분명히 해야”
- ‘Smugglers’ wins best picture at 44th Blue Dragon Film Awards
- Posco to start search for new chief
- KB chief vows to nurture AI talents
- [Herald Interview] Korea ramps up high