Defense minister rejects plans for J
简介Plans to have J-Hope of BTS host a military cooking competition have been canceled on orders of the ...
Plans to have J-Hope of BTS host a military cooking competition have been canceled on orders of the defense minister.
Speaking at the National Assembly on Tuesday, Minister of National Defense Shin Won-sik confirmed that he canceled the plans to have J-Hope host the International Military Cooking Competition.
"I think that it is only right that (a person) carries out the military duties just like any other soldier, regardless of being BTS," Shin said.
According to Shin, plans to have J-Hope and a TV announcer host the event were initially submitted for his review.
"I gave orders not to assign duties that fall outside of their (military) positions to soldiers who were celebrities before joining the military."
J-Hope is currently serving as an assistant instructor at an Army recruit training center as part of his national service.
The International Military Cooking Competition, now in its fourth edition, identifies and celebrates culinary talent among the Korean, US and Singaporean militaries. This year it will be held at the Korea Agro-Fisheries & Food Trade Corp. in Yangjae-dong, Seoul.
J-Hope officially began his military service on April 18. He has since been serving as an assistant instructor at the recruit training center of the 36th Infantry Division in Wonju, Gangwon Province.
Currently, three of the seven members of K-pop sensation BTS are enlisted for their compulsory military service: Jin, J-Hope and Suga.
The National Orchestra of Korea, a traditional Korean music orchestra affiliated with the National T ...
World-renowned architect Dominique Perrault unveiled details of an ongoing project at Seoul’s Gangna ...
The ruling People Power Party is set to appoint members of its innovation committee Thursday, four d ...
Leeum Museum to restore Korean artifacts from overseas institutions
北 "우간다 이어 홍콩 영사관 폐쇄"…재외공관 철수 행렬 왜
Architect Dominique Perrault's 'Lightwalk' displayed at French Embassy in Seoul
NiziU wins best pop video at MTV VMAJs
[New in Korean] 'BU Care Insurance' protects hearts after breakups
[Life In Korea] Delivering 'taste of life' via street art
- 황교안 "유승민·이준석 자리만 차지…통합, 잡탕밥 돼선 안돼"
- Han Kang's 'I Do Not Bid Farewell' shortlisted for two French literary awards
- [Herald Interview] Pleasantly surprised
- Nearly 1 in 3 senior pensioners look to employment to make ends meet
- Over half of Koreans say they won't continue jesa: survey
- [Busan Is Ready] S. Korea to expand ODA initiatives to promote Busan Expo
- Posco faces first
- 황교안 "유승민·이준석 자리만 차지…통합, 잡탕밥 돼선 안돼"
- Most top earners live in or near Seoul: data
- US needs 'strategic clarity' on North Korea deterrence: report
- [Herald Interview] Korea
- [From the scene] Jazz music livens up Seoul's streets
- Marking 105th anniversary of independence, Poland highlights growing ties with Gyeonggi Province
- S. Korea retracts bans on disposable cups at cafes, restaurants
- [KH Explains] Why do Woori, NongHyup hold on to North Korean operations?
- From Itaewon to Hollywood, Park Seo
- 홍준표 "뜬금없이 김포 편입론, 반짝 특수 노리는 떴다방"
- [Korean History] In 2004, serial murderer with goal to kill 100 was stopped at 20
- Child hurt after angry dad pushes the swing too hard
- Hyundai E&C completes design of new hydrogen plant
- Samsung SDI, Volvo Trucks vow to enhance battery partnership
- 블링컨 美국무장관 한국 도착…9일 한미 외교장관 회담
- S. Korea retakes No. 1 spot in global shipbuilding orders in Oct.
- 김성태 "인요한, 방향 잘 설정해 뚜벅뚜벅 잘 하고 있다"
- Samsung CEO highlights AI safety research
- 'Justice will prevail': G
- Lawmaker calls for specifying China's responsibility in UN resolution on NK human rights
- 대통령실, 범정부 기술유출 합동대응단 출범
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Yale sociologist and BTS fan researches K
- Seoul proposes safety measures to prevent poor construction