[Herald Interview] Latvia hopes to boost economic, cultural ties with Korea
简介Latvia hopes to boost trade, investment and cultural relations with Korea, said the country's t ...
Latvia hopes to boost trade, investment and cultural relations with Korea, said the country's top envoy to Korea on Friday, as Latvia marks its 105th anniversary of independence.
Latvian Ambassador to Seoul Aris Vigants said there was potential for increased cooperation on many fronts, with trade volume between Korea and Latvia reaching 128.3 million euros ($140 million) last year. Latvian exports to the country amounted to 72.7 million euros and imports were worth 55.5 million euros in 2022.
"We have enormous potential in boosting our relations in economics, trade and investments," said Vigants, underscoring Latvia and Korea’s shared values, commitment to democracy, freedom, the rule of law, respect for human rights and a rules-based international order.
Latvia and Korea established diplomatic relations on Oct. 22, 1991. The country, as an EU and NATO member state, actively collaborates with other member states on common foreign and security policy goals, such as the Indo-Pacific Strategy, and benefits from the free trade agreement between the EU and South Korea.
Korea aspires to serve as a global pivotal state and establish a new chapter of mutually beneficial cooperation with Latvia. Both countries are members of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development and share ambitious goals.
"Break Up Care Insurance"By Lee Hee-youngGiant BooksWe have insurance for our bodies, properties, ca ...
김정은 북한 국무위원장이 13일 러시아 보스토치니 우주기지에서 블라디미르 푸틴 대통령과 정상회담, 연회 등 일정을 진행한 뒤 다음 방문지를 향해 떠났다고 노동당 기관지 노동신문이 ...
The Financial Supervisory Service, South Korea's primary financial regulatory body, has issued ...
- [New in Korean] Witches, ecofeminism, climate crisis: Tale of resilience and nature’s power
- HD Korea Shipbuilding to build world's first ammonia
- 北, 러 주최 국제포럼서 '국제수송' 논의…무기거래 우회로 찾나
- Posco Future M achieves 100% recycling of refractory waste
- Pyongyang denies allegations of Hamas using North Korean weapons
- Seoul shares open lower ahead of earnings season
- "당 망치는 응석받이"…안철수, 이준석 제명 서명운동 시작
- BTS' V joined by Jimin in solo fan meeting 'Vicnic'
- Japan thanks S. Korea for Israel rescue effort
- Over 90% of fines for illegal short selling imposed on foreign firms
- 김건희 여사, 광주디자인비엔날레 찾아 “문화예술계 육성 의지”
- US eases export controls on chip equipment for Samsung, SK factories in China
- 예술의전당 간 한동훈 화제 되자…野 "집에 스피커 두고 왜 가나"
- Shinhan to bet big on insurance tech startup
- [Today’s K
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains; Israel
- Taemin of SHINee to drop new EP 'Guilty' on Oct. 30
- For esports fans, more activities await beyond LoL matches
- 33년 경찰 경력 내세워…“안심구청장 누구입니까”
- IMF maintains 2023 growth outlook for S. Korea at 1.4 pct
- 'Frasier' returns to TV but you don't need to be a superfan of the original to laugh at its jokes
- DB Robotics invents nation's first hybrid electric rollator
- [Photo News] Housing solutions in Asia
- 사전투표 D
- [Korean History] 2002, when Korea soared through World Cup
- Performing Arts Market to link local artists to world
- Hyundai Motor chairman marks 3rd year of record earnings
- Four days of jazz festivities take over Jara Island
- 'No Japan?' Korea swings from extreme rejection to selective embrace