S. Korea retakes No. 1 spot in global shipbuilding orders in Oct.
简介South Korea regained the top spot in new global shipbuilding orders for the first time in three mont ...
South Korea regained the top spot in new global shipbuilding orders for the first time in three months in October, industry data showed Tuesday.
Local shipyards clinched orders totaling 1.54 million compensated gross tons to build 18 ships, accounting for 62 percent of the global total of 2.49 million CGTs last month, according to London-based Clarkson Research Services.
The world total decreased 44 percent from the same month a year earlier.
China placed second with 820,000 tons to construct 34 vessels, taking up 33 percent of the global total.
Korea rose to the No. 1 place in July but lost the top position to China in the following two months.
In terms of order backlog, China topped the list with 59.06 million CGTs, or 48 percent of the global total at 122.58 million CGTs as of end-October, which was down 410,000 CGTs from the prior month.
South Korea came second with 38.68 million CGTs, accounting for 32 percent of the world total.
Clarkson's Newbuilding Price Index, a barometer of price changes in newly built ships, came to 176.03 points last month, up 14.06 points from a year ago. (Yonhap)
이동관 방송통신위원회 위원장이 1일 오전 서울 종로구 정부서울청사에서 열린 임시 국무회의에 참석해 한덕수 국무총리의 국회 탄핵안 발의 관련 발언을 듣고 있다. 연합뉴스윤석열 대 ...
Korean American author Ilyon Woo’s nonfiction work has been recognized as one of the New York Times& ...
On Dec. 12, 1979, one of the most significant days in modern Korean history, Gen. Chun Doo-hwan led ...
- 홍준표 "엑스포 박빙 보고…尹 파리 출장가게 한 참모들 징계해야"
- [New in Korean] 'BU Care Insurance' protects hearts after breakups
- Former head of Jogye Order dies in temple fire
- KT CEO carries out first organizational revamp
- [New in Korean] Tribute to mothers, daughters in 'Passing Through Winter'
- Insurance firms' net income jumps over 47% on
- 이상민 “민주당 지도부 아무도 연락 없어, 어느 정도 마음 정했다”
- 6 pct of executives in S. Korea's top 100 firms women: data
- Culture minister says admission to state museums requires public discussion
- [Herald Interview] ‘Digital paradigm shift to VR will happen 2026’
- LG Display appoints LG Innotek chief as new CEO
- Remaining BTS members to head to military
- Zyx Technology donates CAD software to Sungkyunkwan University
- Two Koreans named among world's top 200 art collectors
- German ambassador advocates 'de
- Seoul shares almost flat after Fed minutes, Nvidia results
- [Herald Review] Based on true story, 3 boys find justice 16 years delayed in 'The Boys'
- Hyundai Motor partners with IUCN for forest project in Vietnam
- Silversmith William Lee wins Craft Prize 2023
- Rich culture of masks in Korea, Japan and China on show at Folk Museum
- Business sentiment falls in S. Korea over Middle East tensions: poll
- [Korean History] 'Yonsama' fans trailblaze Hallyu in Japan
- [Herald Interview] Saudi Arabia seeks to engage with world through Diriyah Contemporary Art Biennale
- 美연구소 "北, 러에 보낸 포탄은 50만 발…한 달 사용 분량"
- AI Auction debuts tax consultant chatbot
- 국회서 피켓‧고성 사라지나…여야, 정쟁자제 '신사협정' 체결
- Yoon attends opening of Korean pavilion at Horticultural Expo in Qatar
- Crowd crush victims forced to cope alone
- S. Korea to complete LSD vaccinations by early Nov.: ministry
- Partial list of artists to perform at 2023 MAMA Awards unveiled
- The Boyz to return next month with new album
- FNC to debut new boy band Ampers&One on Nov. 15
- Maestro Semyon Bychkov breaks silence on Israel–Hamas war
- Eximbank holds workshop on development financing
- LG Energy Solution Q3 net soars on US demand